Applications for the 2010 Women in Global Markets Scholarship are open.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
· Dominant global position in Equities, Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities.
· Full service investment bank offering in Australia including Equities, Fixed Income Currency & Commodities and Commercial Banking.
· Merrill Lynch is mandated on a number of initial public offerings, including the Queensland Rail IPO – which will be the second largest IPO in Australian history after Telstra.
The Scholarship consists of:
· AU$5,000 towards university expenses for 2011
· A ten week paid analyst placement in Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Sydney offices (Nov 2010 - Jan 2011)
· Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work across Equities, Research and Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities
Eligibility for application:
· Applicants must be female and entering their final year in 2011 and be available to commence full time employment in 2012
· Australian residency or a valid visa enabling work throughout the university break (Nov 2010 - Jan 2011)
· Distinction average or above in Commerce/Economics/Engineering or Double degree
· Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills
· Have a desire to build a career in Global Markets
How to apply:
Along with a Resume and Academic Transcript, applicants must submit a typed response of no more than 300 words to each of the following questions:
· Question 1: Will the Euro currency block be broken up as a result of debt turmoil in Southern Europe?
· Question 2: Which industries on the ASX might be most affected by a change of government at a Federal level?
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 58 million consumer and small business relationships with more than 5,900 retail banking offices, more than 18,000 ATMs and award-winning online banking with nearly 30 million active users. Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 4 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients in more than 150 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.